The Evening Standard came out last night with a fresh-look masthead and announcing new daily sections.
New editor Emily Sheffield said: “Post Covid I wanted to imbue the paper with a new energy to reflect our great city coming back to life. There are new sections and new columnists.”
Among the columnists was George Osborne in his new role as Editor in Chief of the Standard. George Osborne’s first new weekly column was “Don’t let the blockheads win — on the economy there are reasons to be cheerful”.
Emily Sheffield announced the new daily sections in the Standard telling readers:
- The Escapist: Your new section dedicated to self, wellness and hot destinations. First up — swapping Soho for Somerset
- The Reveller: Our brilliant restaurant critics in Fork & Talk and everything in between for revelling your way around London
- The Insider: Style, sass and daily smarts. This week, one fashion influencer on tackling couture week virtually
- Weekend: Culture, beats, hot shows and big screens. All you need for your London weekend
- And as always our award-winning Business section every day, the best commentators in Sport, and the daily Deep Dive — our hot take on the biggest story of the day.