Regional Press Awards for 2019
Event Date: June 5, 2020
The Regional Press Awards for 2019
- Entries for the Regional Press Awards for 2019 opened on Wednesday, 5 February 2020 and will close on Monday, 2 March 2020. Entries can be submitted here.
- The Regional Press Awards celebrate the very best of UK regional journalism for 2019.
- The awards comprise of 38 categories, regarding excellence in the delivery of regional news in the daily, weekly and free weekly sections of the industry.
- A shortlisted will be announced in April 2020.
- The awards ceremony will be held on Friday 5 June 2020 at the IET, Savoy Place, London.
The awards will continue to regard different categories in the daily, weekly and free weekly sections of the industry, but set the distinguishing levels in line with industry-recognised JICREG figures for ‘total monthly reach’- including both print and digital audiences.
SoE executive director Ian Murray said: “The industry has moved on and quite correctly recognises the total audience its titles reach with their superb news, sports and features coverage. The Regional Press Awards will now recognise those figures also as part of this crucial celebration of the vital role the vibrant regional press plays in the communities the length and breadth of the UK.”
Included in the awards categories is the Cathryn Nicoll Interviewer of the Year award, which is running for its second consecutive year.
The award was launched last year in memory of Cathryn Nicoll who held the position of the news editor at the Croydon Advertiser during her career as a journalist and rewards a £500 cash prize to its chosen winner.
A full list of categories and guidance can be found here.
Read all about last year’s awards and the winners here.
Watch the highlights from the 2019 ceremony below: