Notice of the Society’s 2023 Annual General Meeting
NOTICE OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS AGM
NOTICE OF THE 25th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY December 6th Via video link at 5.30PM
Any member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Wednesday 29 November 2023. Members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid, a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than by 12 noon on Wednesday 29 November 2022 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on
7 December 2023.
- Accounts: To approve accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2022.
- Outgoing President’s opening statement
- Chairman’s statement
- Executive Director’s statement
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Alison Gow who has retired
from the board.
- To elect the President for the year 2023-2024.
- To note and approve the appointment of Honorary Treasurer.
- To elect the Vice President for the year 2023-2024.
- To note and approve Ian MacGregor, Emeritus Editor, Daily Telegraph to continue in the role of Chairman. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- Incoming President’s statement
- Incoming Vice President’s statement
- Date of next meeting: The next meeting will take place in December 2024 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.