Women in Journalism is holding an online event on July 8 involving leading frontline journalists to discuss covering the Covid-19 pandemic.
About the event
What’s it like reporting on the pandemic? How hard is it to be at the centre of a complex and emotionally-loaded crisis?
A panel of top female science and health journalists discuss the challenges they have faced during the Covid-19 crisis and what they have learnt along the way.
Date: Wednesday, 8 July, 6-7pm on Zoom
- Hannah Devlin, science correspondent, The Guardian. @hannahdev
- Anjana Ahuja, science writer, Financial Times. @anjahuja
- Emily Wilson, editor, New Scientist. @emilyhwilson
- Jacqui Thornton, freelance medical journalist, former health editor of The Sun. @jacquithornton
- Deborah Cohen, BBC Newsnight correspondent, focusing on health, science and social policy
- Rachael Buchanan, science and health journalist, BBC News. @RachMBuch
Join WIJ for event, which will highlight the work of top female science and health correspondents, as well as inspiring and empowering younger female journalists who are working or want to work in this field.
WIJ Members £3
If you are struggling financially please email firstname.lastname@example.org