The Guardian’s Live events and Masterclasses are now available online as the publisher opens up access for more readers to participate in its programmes.
As a result of the coronavirus outbreak, the Guardian’s Masterclass programme has responded to an increased demand for online learning.
The publisher says its new immersive workshop programme will allow participants to connect with like-minds across the globe and will cover topics from business leadership, creative writing and self-direction. Online courses are available for booking with 45% early bird rate.
The first Guardian Live event on May 13 will focus on ‘coronavirus explained’ and take a detailed look at China with Guardian experts Lily Kuo, Emma Graham-Harrison and Tania Branigan. The regular Guardian Book Club will also feature.
Each year, the Guardian UK hosts over 80 Live events and 250 Masterclasses with speakers including Guardian journalists Jonathan Freedland and Anushka Asthana as well as internationally renowned speakers Malala Yousafzai and Ai Weiwei.
Anna Bateson, chief customer officer, Guardian News & Media said: “We are delighted to offer our world-class programme of events and intelligent short courses to Guardian readers globally. We see strong opportunities to elevate Guardian journalism and give our readers closer access to Guardian journalists and some of the world’s most imaginative thinkers. This format opens the door for many more readers to engage with our journalism.
“Guardian readers have always enjoyed participating in events and classes with our brilliant journalists and tutors. Going online will help us bring the Guardian’s expertise to wider audiences in the UK and around the world.”
Upcoming Guardian Live events:
- Wed 13 May: Coronavirus explained: The view from China with Lily Kuo, Emma Graham-Harrison and Tania Branigan
- Thurs 14 May: Guardian Book Club with 2019 Booker prize winner Bernardine Evaristo
- Mon 18 May: Fresh Voices: Iman Amrani talks to grime artist Big Zuu
- Tues 19 May: leading Dutch author and historian Rutger Bregman in conversation with Owen Jones
- Wed 20 May: Coronavirus explained: Documenting a crisis with John Harris and John Domokos
- Wed 27 May: Coronavirus explained: The impact on the climate emergency
- Thurs 28 May: Guardian Book Club with Phillip Pullman, author of His Dark Materials
- Thurs 11 June: Guardian Book Club with David Nicholls, author of One Day and Starter for 10
- Thurs 23 July: In conversation with Jia Tolentino
Upcoming Guardian Masterclasses:
- Developing your presence, power and influence: An online masterclass with LSE’s Professor Connson Locke– Tuesday 2 June, 7pm-9pm
- Information is power: A data visualisation workshop– Thursday 4 June, 10am–1pm
- How to write for children: An interactive workshop with acclaimed authors– Saturday 23 May, 3pm-5.30pm
- Getting the most out of your garden now: A practical workshop with Adam Frost – Saturday 16 May, 3pm-5pm
- Self-direction: How to lead the life you want with Fiona Buckland – Wednesday 27 May, 6.30pm-8.30pm
Find out more here.