NOTICE OF THE TWENTY FIRST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2019 AT STATIONERS HALL, LONDON
Any full or deputy member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Monday 28 October 2019. Full and deputy members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than on Monday 28 October 2019 or at Stationers Hall by 12 noon on Tuesday 12th November 2019.
I Murray – Executive Director
- President’s opening remarks
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 4 November 2018.
- Accounts: To receive and, if approved, adopt the accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2018.
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Barrie Jones who retired from the board during the year.
- To note and approve the appointment by the board of Jonathan Grun as Honorary Treasurer. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment new members to the board: Kamal Ahmed and Eleanor Mills. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the President for the year 2019-2020: Alison Gow. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the Vice-President for the year 2019-2020: Paul Clarkson. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment of Ian MacGregor, emeritus editor, Daily Telegraph to the role of Chairman. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- Date of next meeting: The next meeting will take place in the autumn of 2020 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.