NOTICE OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS AGM
NOTICE OF THE 23rd ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2021 VIA ZOOM at 4PM
Any member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Wednesday 10 November 2021. Members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid, a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than by 12 noon on Wednesday 10 November 2021 by email to email@example.com
D Alford –Executive Director
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on
3 December 2020.
- Accounts: To approve accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2020.
- Outgoing President’s opening statement
- Chairman’s statement
- Executive Director’s statement
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Sue Ryan and Jonathan Grun who retired from the board during the year.
- To note and approve the appointment by the board of Doug Wills as Honorary
Treasurer. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the President for the year 2021-2022: Martin Breen. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the Vice President for the year 2021-2022: Kamal Ahmed. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To welcome two new members to the board: Ian Brunskill, Assistant Editor, The Times and Alison Philips, Editor, Daily and Sunday Mirror. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve Ian MacGregor, emeritus editor, Daily Telegraph to continue in the role of Chairman. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- Incoming President’s statement
- Proposal put forward by Martin Breen, President: The Society of Editors Board be instructed to review the Society’s articles of association (last amended in 2014) in order to update them to reflect the changes in the industry and the work of the Society of Editors.
- To record the Society’s thanks for service to the board to Alison Gow who is stepping down as President.
- Incoming Vice President’s statement
- Date of next meeting: The next meeting will take place in the autumn of 2022 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.