Cision’s 11th annual report on the State of the Media will be released this week.
The report surveyed 3,253 journalists from all over the world to build a comprehensive picture of the industry for 2020.
Joining a webinar panel to discuss the findings from Cision’s report will be the SoE’s executive director, Ian Murray.
What the state of the media means for your comms strategy: April 23, 3pm
The media landscape is changing in 2020, but are you keeping up? Are you positioned to meet and overcome the challenges you’ll face this year?
Join our expert panel as they discuss results from Cision’s Annual State of the Media Report 2020, and additional trending topics, including:
- Media trends from over 3,200 top journalists across 15 countries
- Rethinking your approach to your communications and marketing strategy in 2020
- Our predictions for 2020
Key takeaways from State of the Media 2020:
- COVID-19 changed everything for everyone
- Distrust in the media continues to decrease, but there is still work to be done on this front
- Bias is unavoidable in human and journalists are humans; we examine this relationship between bias and reporters
- Social media continues to be complicated while the heady promises of AI continues to fade
- PR outreach needs to be even more targeted and relevant to stand out than ever before
- Ian Murray
- Executive Director, Society of Editors
- Cheryl Douglas
- Global Director, Media Research & Jobs, Cision
- Eleanor Mills
- Chairperson, Women in Journalism
- Rosie Hopegood
- Former Deputy Features Editor at Reach PLC Magazines
- Matt Cross
- Head of B2B, Hotwire
- Sarah Vizard
- News Editor, Marketing Week
Register for the session here.