NOTICE OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS AGM
NOTICE OF THE 24th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON WEDNESDAY December 7th via video link at 5PM
Any member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Wednesday 30 November 2022. Members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid, a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than by 12 noon on Wednesday 30 November 2022 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
D Alford –Executive Director
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 17 November 2021.
- Accounts: To approve accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2021
- Outgoing President’s opening statement
- Chairman’s statement
- Executive Director’s statement
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Victoria Watson who has retired from the board.
- To elect the President for the year 2022-2023: Kamal Ahmed. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment by the board of Doug Wills, Emeritus Editor, Evening Standard to continue in the role as Honorary Treasurer. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the Vice President for the year 2022-2023: Alison Phillips. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect new member(s) to the board.
- To note and approve Ian MacGregor, Emeritus Editor, Daily Telegraph to continue in the role of Chairman. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- Incoming President’s statement
- To record the Society’s thanks for service to the board to Martin Breen who is stepping down as President.
- Incoming Vice President’s statement
- Date of next meeting: The next meeting will take place in December 2023 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.