The Society of Editors AGM will take place on Thursday 3 December at 1pm via video. Please note the meeting is only open to members of the Society. Please register for your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The agenda is below.
NOTICE OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS AGM
NOTICE OF THE TWENTY SECOND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF EDITORS TO BE HELD ON THURSDAY DECEMBER 3, 2020 VIA ZOOM
Any full or deputy member who wishes to put a resolution or raise a matter under any other business should advise the executive director by Thursday 26 November 2020. Full and deputy members are entitled to vote and qualified members may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her stead in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. A copy is available on the website www.societyofeditors.org or from the executive director. To be valid a proxy must be received at the Society office no later than on Thursday 26 November 2020 or by email to email@example.com by 12 noon on Thursday 26 November 2020.
I Murray – Executive Director
- President’s opening remarks
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes: To adopt, if approved, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 12 November 2019.
- Accounts: To receive and, if approved, adopt the accounts for the financial year up to 31 December 2019.
- To record the Society’s thanks for service on the board to Caroline Waterson and Paul Clarkson who retired from the board during the year.
- To note and approve the appointment by the board of Jonathan Grun as Honorary Treasurer. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment new members to the board: Alex Bannister, Vic Motune and Victoria Watson. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the President for the year 2020-2021: Alison Gow. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To elect the Vice-President for the year 2020-2021: Martin Breen. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- To note and approve the appointment of Ian MacGregor, emeritus editor, Daily Telegraph to the role of Chairman. This is the unanimous proposal of the board.
- Date of next meeting: The next meeting will take place in the autumn of 2021 at a time and venue to be confirmed.
- Any other business.